M3 Biotechnology is positioned to lead the development of disease-modifying, life changing therapies addressing the devastating effects of one of the largest and most critical unmet medical needs today.
- No existing therapies. No cures. No known preventions.
- 6th leading cause of death in the United States
- In the United States, someone will develop Alzheimer’s every 67 seconds
- Number of Americans with Alzheimer’s are projected to triple and reach 16 million by the year 2050
- 33% mortality of advanced-age sufferers of the disease
- Overall cost to the US alone is projected to reach over $1.2 trillion by 2050
- Everyone is at risk of Alzheimer’s
Source: Alzheimer’s Association
- An estimated 1 billion people worldwide suffer from neurological disorders, including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, etc.
- Neurological disorders account for an estimated 6.8 million (~ 12%) deaths worldwide annually.
- As the number of people aged 65 and over continue to grow, aging-related neurological disorders add to the urgency of this global unmet medical need.
Source: World Health Organization